Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sinners in the hands of an angry God

Well hello there again, this weeks topic is sinners in the hands of an angry god. Well if I was a Puritan going to the church where Jonathan Edwards was preaching. I would just leave the town the reason being is that you have no choice there. It is bad because if you miss a day at church the police would report you. Also, your only choice of religion the God will sound like a horrible person, and then it stated that only 144,000 people that will make it to heaven. I am pretty sure that by that time more than 144,000 people had already lived. So, I would be even more in disagreement with that religion. I would be very scared because you can make a mistake so fast.I mean lets say I had children or if I was a child how would I want to believe in a god the can just cut off your strings and it s bye-bye to you. I guess Iwould run away from this village and start another life in a seperate village where I had a pick and could decide what religion I wanted to be in. Enough about my perspective, would you stay as a puritan, or leave like I would?

2 comments:

  1. umm...the 144,000 people that would go to heaven was the Jehovah's witnesses beliefs, I think, not the Puritan's. And besides thats the point there saying that barely anyone is going to heaven. That like out of the trillions of people that have already died maybe like 20 went to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I would be frighten if i was here at this sermon. I would try to live my life as a perfect Puritan.

    ReplyDelete