Thursday, January 13, 2011

KIng Still King???

Martin Luther King Jr. his name I have heard many times. The question is, is he still relevant to us? My answer is sometimes he is. During grammar school I remember learning about what he did and his life. I guess I learned that so we could know why we got that day off. Nowadays like as high school students we really do not really talk about him. I guess the thing that still is here today from his era is the civil disobedience. How he boycotted the Montgomery public transportation that was very organized for his part. We know march without violence unlike other countries where they throw rocks, and eggs. Also, they like have a lot of violence like guns. We also do not mention his name because our country has equality in ethnicity. When they do not have equality they march peacefully. I think he is somewhat of a King, but is still not like we talk about him everyday. I think we remember his boycott and also the "I have a dream" speech and the march in Washington. I think all we care is not who he was, but because we get a day off. Other than that I think King is still sort of a King.

No comments:

Post a Comment