Thursday, January 6, 2011

Short story response

Well for this blog post we have to respond to one of the short stories we read. I think the best one was Children of the sea by Edwig Danticat. So during class when Mr.McCarthy told us about reading we were all like ughhhh. Then during class we started reading the story and it got us all interested in the story. I mean when I got home first thing I did was read this story. The story had everything you need action, then the all sort of sending letters to each other was very good too. This story was very good I just kept on reading I still wonder what happened after the story like did he survive? Or did he die? Did they eventually find each other? Also, this story had good description and good details. He picked a very good story to not only start the year, but also this section. This story has good themes like when it is explaining how the girl sacrificed herself and her daughter to the gods. That theme would be sacrifice for others. this makes everybody want to read more of her stories. Also, read that book that Mr.McCarthy has of Edwig Danticat.

No comments:

Post a Comment